Old 10-05-04, 01:42 PM
Kodama
Quietly Desperate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ngateguy
What a beautiful ride! Ihaven't done the Tolt Pipe trailert but you just gave me motivation

Khuon and I did the Kitsap Color Classic yesterday after the fog lifted we had great scenery. To top it off onthe Ferry backto Edmonds the captian stopped the boatsowecould watch a pod of Orca's go by. What a day.
It was a great weekend for the Color Classic, I hope a ride report and pics are coming soon

The Tolt is interesting riding, very hilly (up and down, up and down) and gravel so use a bike that can handle that. When you cycle by it on the Sammamish River trail you see this insane uphill that I doubt anyone could bike up. Stay on the SRT until you come to the Redhook brewery and after having a beer or two turn Left on that road (145th I believe) and take the road past the Hollywood Hills Community center. The Tolt goes over this road just a bit the way up the hill. This is the best place to start on the trail. On the other end, not too much past the Avondale Road crossing the trail gets thinner and thinner eventually becoming a steep single track into someone's driver way. From there it is a quick descent to the
Snoqualmie River Valley.

Last edited by Kodama; 10-05-04 at 01:51 PM.