Old 04-22-08, 11:27 PM
will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Fast across America South Tour

We completed Day two of our tour and there is Internet access in this motel. That is not always a sure thing in these second rank places.
The purpose of this thread is for those who wish to do such a tour. I will try to give helpful hints exposing some things which did not go as intended.
The tour leader has his Web Site but is challenged by time constraint. It will become complete in a few days.
Here is the link:
http://www.bamacyclist.com/Journal20...8fastsouth.htm

There are over 30 bikers from all over the USA and England. The rider rooster is not complete yet. The age range of riders is from the low twenties to 70. The fitness of riders is also very diverse. That means that on any given day, of 120 miles of biking, some arrive at 3:00 PM at the motel and others limp in at 6:00 PM onthe sweep SAG. No biking after dusk.

This is my second tour and I was one of the not so well trained bikers. I had a tough time in 2006 and hope to do better this time. This is my personal goal. Get better regardless of age (for now).

I will post short notice of things I find noteworthy and will post some pictures. I have a digital Camera and a data cord for this Laptop. Can someone again give a short description how to insert a picture from this camera on this forum please?
Please see my next post for day one.