Bike Forums - View Single Post - CAAD9 or Six13 ? Hello Economic Stimulus Check !
Old 04-23-08, 08:39 AM
JoeOxfordCT
JoeWolcottCT

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CAAD9 or Six13 ? Hello Economic Stimulus Check !

Ok.....I've been mulling this one over for some time...

http://bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=366491

Finally in a position to make this happen....I'll be buying frame/fork only and swapping over parts....

Most everything I've read so far has me leaning towards the CAAD9 which is also approx. $100 cheaper than the Six13 frame.....even though the Six13 comes in a very nice all black configuration.

Here's the CAAD9 in Black/Silver:

My contact at Cannondale insists that although the Six13 is about 50 grams heavier than the CAAD9 it is stiffer than the CAAD.....however, an LBS owner who's opinion I also respect states that the front end of the Six13 is noodley....he doesn't care what year frame it is........he says get the CAAD9 too...

I think they're both fine frames however I've yet to read any really negative comments about the CAAD9 at all while I do sometimes come across some minor complaints about the Six13. I've also been (I don't know why..but) concerned about the future of either one or both frames as Cannondale seems to be following the trend of migrating to all carbon for their high end frames.....