freecycle
freed psycho. RUN.

Bikes: Ironhorse Maverick 2004, 1970's handbuilt Raleigh fixed conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paul2
I generally like to do about 100 km a day, so I would do this in three or four days. it depends on what sort of cycling shape you're in, and how much sightseeing you want to do along the way.

I see you're in Toronto, so if you say where you're headed, I might be able to give route advice. But generally I try to stick to the backroads whereever possible. Bare in mind that that will make the route longer than the highway route. There are lots of campgrounds all over southern Ontario, so finding a place to camp isn't a problem.
Good call on campgrounds, ill see how many are along the way. (Algonquin Park is the destination) Route advice would be a real help, it would give me a chance to chart a course from campground to campground and prepare for the journey. Im in pretty good shape, but will need to get my arse used to being in the saddle that long.

My ideal stop would be at any outfitters north of the highway, opeongo would be nice, im familiar with the lakes in and around that area. However I dont have my park map with me (at work). Ill need to do some digging as far as precise route and entry point still. You think its a doable trek?