Old 04-24-08, 11:39 AM
freecycle
freed psycho. RUN.

Bikes: Ironhorse Maverick 2004, 1970's handbuilt Raleigh fixed conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPDATE: Ontario Northland does a coach between Huntsville and Toronto for 88.00 + tax round trip.

so:
Day 1: red-eye into huntsville, start off at dawn and make my way into the hwy 60 corridor. Camp around dusk in one of the car camping campgrounds, they would probably let me shack up on an empty one or the beach for a few bucks (car camping tends to be seriously booked)
Day 2: wake at dawn, ride the hour or two into the outfitters, rent canoe and be waterborne by midday, paddle until the evening and set up camp (praying for good winds on Opeongo, can get pretty hairy)
Day 3/4: camp happily, if not day three then day four, move closer to entry point
Day 5: strike out at dawn again, paddle back to shore, return canoe, load up bike and head for campground again.
Day 6: strike camp, take days journey back to huntsville, board bus, go home.

So in essence, I think I could pull off a Saturday to Sunday weeks trip and get both a long tour, and a nice canoe trip in. With added option of extending the canoe trip by a day if I found the ride to be faster than i expected. +added return bonus of being lighter on food than when i started out!

What do you think?