Old 04-27-08, 06:34 PM
curveship
wavylines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaseLawZ28
Cape Fear (my club's race) is out this year. Frankly the club is burnt out from our past years' schedules and taking a year hiatus. For the past years we've done the NRC event, the crit, the Cape Fear RR, 4th of July Ride, and the Angel's ride (now the Brain Injury Association of NC ride). Some of the other guys wanted to take a break and let some of the other clubs in the area pick up the slack (i.e. SIMPLE GREEN) and others who either (i) don't put on a race or (ii) do that piggyback crap where there are 2, 3, or 4 clubs "putting on" the race.

Besides the Wake Speedway Training races in '07 and the now defunct Meadowmont Crit...I have no idea what the other clubs do to put on a race.

edit: speaking about the triangle centered clubs for the most part.
The clubs in the Triangle are freakin' lazy.

I moved from the Triangle to the Cincinnati area two years ago. Totally different world. Most clubs here put on at least two per year. Even my tiny club (12 guys total, 2 out of the area right now) puts on an urban twilight crit with barriers and lights as well as a cross race that we're hoping to get UCI certified next year. One club ran four races last year.

Ironically, the Triangle has more racers ... but they do jack all.

Last edited by curveship; 04-27-08 at 06:46 PM.