View Single Post
Old 04-20-02, 10:49 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
My boss has ocassionally inferred, he is less than happy I bike to work. I just bought a T shirt for him , which I will wear proudly.
'BLOW UP YOUR CAR; RIDE A BIKE..."
The raceway on the way to work is getting so old. Do you ever watch in your mirror the actions of the idiots behind you. They are like trying to predict the lane you might move to so they can move into and ahead of you before you make your lane change. It is really like a race, not a commute. I am getting to despise motorists.
I can't say I slow down to block someone. That could cause instant death to yourself. Mostly, I ask where are the police when someone risks a head-on collision. Just wish there was a way to turn in these morons.
My boss thinks cycling is unsafe. I say there is greater risk being in the vehicular lanes, fighting these lane changers. Most motorists realizing bike lanes are not for car useage and generally don't play their games in bike lanes- but don't count on it.
Seems someone posted safety information on this site saying there are approximately 27 auto accidents per million man hours driven as opposed to about 45 for cyclists.?
ps- Anyone seen the recent movie about road rage, called "Changing Lanes." I will see it tomorrow.