View Single Post
Old 04-27-08, 09:37 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by acorn_user
Sounds like you need to work on your core some. I have similar trouble, but it has been better this year thanks to some core work.

Aren't the most epic races the best ones? Our race in WV was amazing. Mud, rain, mountains. Beautiful. Philly was awesome too.

Btw, was the Delaware guy wearing their zebra stripes kit?
The core work sounds like a good idea. I still think that my position is too cramped, causing my to hunch my back rather than keep those muscles stretched out, but I can easily see both being a problem. More core strength = good.

And yes, epic races are sweet. This one sure did make a selection! I was really enjoying Philly, too, until I crashed out due to a combination of poor descending by a Penn State and inexperience on my part (he rode like an idiot and crashed, I made the wrong move to avoid the carnage). This course was also pretty special, with mist-shrouded mountains, a couple epic climbs and some extremely long and fast descents. The max speed recorded by my computer was 53.45, and that was holding back!

And yes, Delaware has the fugliest kit I have ever seen in all my days. I don't think it's supposed to be Zebra stripes, though. Too thin. No one seems to know what it is, even the Delaware riders, but everyone agrees that it sucks. Sure stands out, though!