Old 04-28-08, 06:22 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
No one rides more than 10 kilometers ... and ...

I started my new job today ... a place I've worked a number of times before, so my coworkers know me there. When I arrived, just about all of them asked me if I rode my bicycle in ... it was a beautiful day today, and when I've worked there before I used to cycle to work. I didn't today because it was my first day of work in several months, but if all goes well I'll start next week.

My plan is to ride anywhere from 1 to 3 days a week at first, and then maybe add a 4th a few weeks later, because the commute is 70 kms round trip ... so it can get a little tiring. But I'm looking forward to it.

However ... in the time since I last worked there, they have hired several new people, and one of the girls came into my part of the office today and was telling the others that she measured the distance from her house to the plant ... exactly 10 kms. Apparently this means she will also start cycling, which is great. But evidently if the distance had been anything over 10 kms she wasn't going to because .... "no one rides more than 10 kms"!!