View Single Post
Old 04-29-08, 11:24 AM
ldesfor1@ithaca

Bikes: 2 cdale Caad7. Scatantte CX/winter bike. SS commuter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i got's 4 road bikes (and a SS 29er), i use them all, a lot:

1. commuter/CX/touring/ultra distance/winter training bike... this thing does it all. full fenders, tool kit, rack, 3 bottle cages and burly tires. It's a scatantte CX frame. 4000 miles a year. It gets studded tires in the winter. Ive done 200k days, commuted through deep powder and done numerous training rides on this thing. Awesome.

2. Primary training bike: 2002 Trek 5500 with PT rear hub and raceblade fenders when necessary. It has a triple and gatorskins. It's light and reliable enough to race, too as I did for the Battenkill-Roubaix and a few training crits. It was on the trainer most of the winter, too. I beat the crap out of this bike and cant wait to destroy it so I can get a SOMA Smoothie. It has nearly the same position as the race bike and the same pedals saddle and H-bars. Having identical positions on 2 bikes has been very helpful.
3500 miles a year.

3. Race Bike: c-dale caad7 with Easton aero carbon tubulars. couldnt ask for more bike than this. it never leaves me feeling like "it's the bikes fault". I use clinchers for certain races (horrible weather or scary, less-significant crits...). 1500? miles a year

4. Fixed gear conversion. sweet 1984 Japanese frame with armadillos and full fenders. put 2000 miles on her this winter and now she rests rusty in the basement. Great memories...