Old 10-08-04, 01:00 PM
aziga

Bikes: in process

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: your questions:

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

Am currently trying to decide between a Specialized Sequoia Elite and a 2005 Trek 1200C. Any comments/comparisons from users would be most helpful!!!!!

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

A variety -- some as teas -- also plenty of E.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

Depends upon the activity, some not at all.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

Am just returning to road biking after 30 years away.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?

Want to get back to long rides and touring, along with daily workouts -- rolling and flat. (Daily workouts are short, however, because the closest paved road is only two lanes with sandy shoulders, and has to be shared with with wide logging trucks. Northwestern Wisconsin weather limits me to a Schwinn Airdyne indoors in the winters. But, I am determined to prep for a trip around Cape Breton Island next summer -- just have to figure out how to practice for a couple of 1400 foot climbs.Hah!

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

As mentioned, I am just returning to road biking, but I used to regularly bike 70-110 miles a weekend -- once upon a time.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

Daily miles with my Siberian Husky -- except when it's sheet ice outside. Exercise equipment indoors during the winter.

8. Age: 58