king-tony
Ninja don't wear flipflop

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3, BMC TM01...if it every ships

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus
I love the Flandis position fwiw. Give it a shot.

Why is your saddle 5.5cm rear of the BB? I'm leaps and bounds faster with the saddle about 1cm forward of the BB.

I'll also second UT Dude's dropped stem idea. I got an adjustable Ritchey stem, and basically dropped the front end as low as it can go without getting another frame.

As for the saddle look at my knee and elbow. This is coming over the top. If I am any more forward my knee will be into my elbow. As for lowering the front, at this point I simply do not have the clearance. My hip angle would be further reduced and my thigh would be in my ribs coming over the top. One of the interesting things playing with the software is that he had a shot of Z. and another of Levi from the side. Different body types just fit on bike differently. Z is super low and still has a huge amount of clearance. Also, he is farther back in that his arms are almost 90 degrees with his elbows. I just can't get in that position because my body is not made that way.

Here is what he looks like just to make the point. I could never get in that position.