View Single Post
Old 05-05-08, 09:33 AM
DTSCDS
"Fred"--is that bad?

Bikes: Felt f85 (11); Trek 7.3 FX (07); Schwinn Super Sport (86); Specialized Rockhopper (87)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chirojeremy
They say for your goals to be effective you need to write them down. You also have to say how you are going to do it and put it in a time frame. <<snip>> So lets write them down here...
Okay, so I think one main point is to make the goals SPECIFIC, not just "I want to do better at XXXXX."
So here I go:

Increase my weekly mileage by 5% per week. Right now I am only doing about 25-30 a week but my semester ended and now that summer break is here I will have much more time to ride. I want to get up to at least 200 miles a month.

Ride a 16 mile charity event next weekend (May 17th) without dying--or wishing I were dead!
Ride another charity ride in late June that will be 30+ miles. Again, without dying or wishing I were dead.
(For both of these, the wife and I are already signed up and paid! Now we gotta to do it.)
Ride one charity ride a month after June--at least 20-25 miles each.

Ride my age in miles (45) before my birthday in August.

Do a multi day mini-tour of 100 miles or less before the end of the year.

Do a metric century before the end of the year.

Do everything I can to help the wife increase here riding. IF she would take her bike with her to work there is plenty of good riding territory around there.

Now I just need someone to hold my feet to the fire...