Thread: kickstands
View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 06:15 PM
rcastentman
C'dale captain

Bikes: Co-Motion Java tandem, Cannondale Street tandem, 2 Cannondale hybrids, & 2 Diamondback mountain bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cannondale kickstand

I've been a fairly avid reader of the tandem forum, but this is my first response to any thread. For the record, we do not claim to be expert tandemists or anything close. We simply love to ride our bike and we do a lot of things that likely make us stand out as novices we truly are.

We have a Cannondale with a kickstand. We had it installed at the bike shop when we purchased the bike. I remember them telling me they didn't know if they could get one, but on the day we picked it up it had a kickstand on it and we love the thing. Contrary to stories otherwise, we've never had the bike fall over. We use it all the time.....sure beats finding a tree or laying the bike down in a bed of poison ivy or something! There are likely better kickstands out there and I have no idea what the dealer went through to get this one or to install it - but evidently it can be done. The brand name on the kickstand is Greenfield. I've attempted to attach a picture to show how it works on our bike - but, again, this is my first post and I'm not sure it worked.

I might add that we've had several people ask us, "Hey, where did you get that kickstand? We've been looking all over for one......."