Old 05-09-08, 04:43 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chicagosucks
What is a good suggestion for a folding bike that is under $150 or $200? I don't mind if it is fixed/ single speed. I am about 6'4" and would like it as light as possible.
The best choice for you is the Boardwalk S1. If you wish to make it at a few pounds lighter, that is really easy to accomplish. All you have to do is remove the fenders and the rear rack and that should lighten you up at least 4 pounds. To really continue to lighten the load add more quality parts (which is usually lighter than cheapos) and keep off unnecessary accessories and you will be set. The fit of a bike depends on the overall proportion of the user's body part (i.e. length of arms/legs, torso, and hand/feet size etc.) One person might have short legs and large torso and another one might have very long legs and a small trunk. And both would be the same height.

Originally Posted by chicagosucks
I am 175 pounds, and weight is the biggest priority after price, so I am guessing the smaller the wheel the better.

Is there an advantage of the Dahon over the bikes posted above?
It is rather a limited of new bikes available for the quoted price range you set. I am a very happy owner of the Boardwalk S1 for 5 years now and would strongly recommend it for someone like you with your height/weight range.

Please see my Web sites below for my own take on customizing my Boardwalk and how well it has met my needs.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 05-09-08 at 04:50 PM.