View Single Post
Old 05-10-08, 03:30 PM
wooljersey

Bikes: Dean Titanium with S&S couplers, Spcialized Stumpjumper M2, Bridgestone RB-1 with S&S couplers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 5 Posts
Clyde Rides -- My Fixie

One of the most common threads here is what bike should I ride. I am a 340 lb clyde (down from over 400). I am not a bike newbie, when I was young I did some medium distance touring 5-600 miles and some racing.

For Christmas, my wife bought me a fixie. I got a Redline 925 with drop bars. Just today I went back to the shop and asked them what model year my bike was, since I could not find a drop bar version of the 925 anywhere online. The shop told me that they had removed the fenders and added the drop bars themselves so my bike is a 2007.

I am not recommending a fixie for every clyde but I sure love mine. One strange thing happened, I have been riding fixed while re-building my road bike. Yesterday, I test rode the road bike and when I glided down the hill in front of my house, I felt like my knees had locked up. It felt so strange to be on the bike and not pedaling.

The bike is mainly stock except for red Look pedals, red tape, red cages and a red Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow. I was skeptical about the Flite (I ride Selle Italia Turbo Specials on all my road bike) but I have found it to be very comfortable.

The only non-red upgrade was Avocet FasGrip K20's in 32mm. Unfortunately these tires are no longer available so I got the last pair.