Old 05-11-08, 04:06 AM
maldekai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete J
Me too, it really emphasises that he is serious dammit! He only wants performance and none of that poseur style crap like brakes and water bottle holders, good on him i say, they just add weight and take away from said performance.
Hopefully he has his Vans or Dunks already picked out to go with those 'performance' clips and straps he has in mind....
DUDE? DUNKS? Did you read my mind or something? Olympic edition ftw! They will go well with the custom BAPE jeans I had made and the butt-ton of Obey and stussy t-shirts I just bought. That way, I will be able to ride clean. Also got some sweet double strap toeclips (purple to complement the gold) and a silken liner to keep them from scuffing my pimp-ass golden shoes. Gold-anodized chain anyone?

Brakes? Hell yeah they are poseur sauce! I'm not going to need them often because most the time i will be off my bike mingling with the bike scene ladies anyway. Some people say riding bikes without brakes is a liberating feeling and forces you to think ahead further. I say screw that! I think it just looks better without that junk (at least thats what I see guys riding in MASH)

You're wrong about one thing however, I'm not concerned about weight or performance, I'm concerned about style and looking fresh!

(Honestly, I wouldn't be getting the same negative responses if I were all particular about some high-end road bike or mountain bike. Just because track bikes are catching on with hipsters and "cool" people shouldn't immediately make it a sin to want that particular kind of bike. You know why I don't want any bottle bosses, cable housing braze-ons or drilled bridges and forks? It's because I won't ever use them on this bike, and I will be throwing hard-earned money at it.)