View Single Post
Old 05-12-08, 12:23 PM
Riseabovebb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all

My brother, best friend and I are riding this same route come September 19th. We originally intended on riding from San Francisco -> Santa Barbara, but it seems there are no direct flights home to NY from Santa Barbara. In light of that - we are considering riding the extra mile(s) and riding directly into LAX in order to catch a direct fligt home. Google says LAX is about 72 miles further than SBA I believe.

We just started taking training seriously. My brother just picked up his LHT and is loving the brooks saddle he added on. I picked up a Jamis Aurora used on craigslist (thanks Todd!) and have been slowly outfitting it to my liking.

This would be the first tour for each of us. We plan on camping the whole way down - we have plenty of experience camping - no experience touring on bikes. A few short trips this summer are in order to teach us a few things.

I'm a little worried the trip will be *too* rushed - we are all due back to work Monday, September 29th!

I picked up the Touring the Pacific Coast book by Kirkendall & Spring - but any and all advice is appreciated!

(damn this is getting expensive quick!!)