View Single Post
Old 05-12-08, 01:51 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Saw a report from a well respected oil industry analyst the other day which predicted that US gas prices will hit $5 within 18 months. And possibly $6 within 3 years.

Also saw a press release from Volkswagen about a new compact car they will be releasing in Europe soon, which will get 72 mpg (U.S. gallons) off of diesel fuel. With lower CO2 emissions than a Toyota Prius hybrid.

As to higher food prices, the U.S. trucking industry is striking back by lowering their truck's maximum cruising speeds. One company restricting theirs to 63, another down to 60. One of the companies has over 10,000 trucks and says that the move will lower their annual fuel costs by over $15 million, due to increase fuel economy.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post