Old 05-12-08, 07:36 PM
RHoude

Bikes: Cannondale Adventure 400 + Gazelle Medeo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Funkdeal
Ah, thanks for your help again Rhoude. I've been looking into Route Verte, and it sounds pretty sweet. Is that path going south towards Montreal NOTORIOUSLY windy? I know it may sound like a dumb question, but how windy does it get in this part of Canada? How hilly is this route? What is the temperature range in this area around late June and early July? Chance of rain? (I don't have clearance for fenders) Thanks.
I wouldn't categorize the St-Lawrence as 'notoriously' windy. We have biked up and down the St-Lawrence quite a few times without being bothered significantly by the wind.

The weather statistics for Montreal for June/July are available at:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...content=C02019

Average winds are from the South-West at 14 km/h. Those months are not typically very rainy.

The route has some hills in the first 50 or so kilometers upon leaving Quebec City. If you follow the shore, you'll have to climb one hill to leave the Champlain Promenade up to Ste-Foy and chemin St-Louis. Then, there will be a second significant hill going down into Cap-Rouge, then back up as you leave the city. After that, the hills get less and less significant and the route flattens out as you make your way into the St-Lawrence valley.

Cheers,
Ron
Cycling Vacation the Bike & Boat Way