View Single Post
Old 10-13-04, 07:51 PM
wabbit
Sprockette

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It was at this time of year, two years ago that I got hit by a car at an intersection. Because the car was going very slowly, i didn't have any bad injuries, just broke the little finger of my right hand and hurt my back where I landed on it. HOwever I'm right handed, so it was a real nuisance. It pretty much ended my season. But right after that it got very cold and so I didn't mind so much, but it was annoying because I couldn't put a glove on my hand! So i sympathize. I also spent the entire night in emergency because for some reason it was really crowded, lots of people seemed to be sick. I didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. As for my bike some minor damage, one wheel was all shmungled.

The advil story also reminds me of how my sister broke her thumb when she was about 8. She was playing with her friends; her friend was climbing up some pole on her front balcony and my sister was holding her up, sort of pushing her on the rump, when her friend slipped suddenly and bent my sister's thumb backward. My sister didn't know it was broken right away, but it really hurt so she kept dipping it in the snow (it was april and there were still piles of snow here and there). But when she got home her thumb was about the size of an apple and of course it was broken. Her right thumb too, and she's right handed. We still laugh about it.