View Single Post
Old 10-13-04, 08:52 PM
pjbaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Of course I have the falling over story but that's not as good as this...(which has been posted before)

Bought a Campy equippped Bianchi at a yard sale and got it into shape enough to attempt a group ride. This was my FIRST group ride and also my FIRST attempt at any distance other than 2 miles since I was a kid. I went out slowly, hanging off the back praying that I wouldn't drop dead. I was past the halfway point for me getting home, about 9 miles in with 4-5 left if I kept going or 9 back from whence I came, so I kept going. About the 11-12 mile mark the group stopped at an intersection allowing me to catch up. We all stopped and I was hurting but determined not to be a sissy and drop off completely. Another shop ride went by and one of their dudes knew some of our dudes and he stopped to talk. I was thinking "great, more rest time." Then I started feeling queasy...dropped the bike and crawled out of the cages toward the grassy area. Revisited my dinner in front of everyone, well, at least I had my back turned so they couldn't see. Got back up, finished my portion of the ride- I turned off earlier than the rest of them.

Haven't puked since, and I still ride. But now I can keep up.

PJBAZ