Old 05-16-08, 09:25 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
They are suppose to be building another one from Big Talbot Island to Fernandina Island sometime in the future, but will probably take 10 years years. The JTB trail is a nice 29 mile route. What makes it nice is that you can ride it 4 times and do a century for the most part without having to worry about cars and there are benches all along if you need a rest. The trees are really nice to help keep you cool when the heat and sun are really on. The only issue really is water although they do have a couple of place along the trail about 6 miles and 12 from the east trail head that I believe have water, although I've never stopped at either to check. If I do a second run, I usually bring water with me to refill my bottles. Just make sure you don't get stuck out there at night, issues with kids and vandalism to cars has been a problem in the past. If you want to meet up out there sometime, PM me and will get together.

Another good point is that you can use it as a staging ground to do some longish rides to the Okefenokee swamp that is about a 102 mile round trip. There are quite a few maps at the North Florida Bicycle Club that use the trail as part of the ride. Here a link. http://www.nfbc.us/Rides/Maps/tabid/109/Default.aspx