View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 08:03 PM
Ranger63

Bikes: mid 80s Ross Centaur converted to Alfine 11 09 motobecane imortal force, 83 Ross Paragon,81 Schwinn LeTour Tourist, 91 Paramount, 93 GT converted to city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok,I need to share...
Couple of Sundays back while heading up to the ride start for the club I beling to, I found myself behind 9 cyclists doing a fair clip up the same direction I was headed.
I latched on to the end of the pace line and felt proud I was keeping pace at their 18mph clip.
The end rider asked me where I was heading and I told him I was splitting off in abut another mile or two to join the club for their ride.
Yeah, he said; we do this stretch up to (he mentioned the intersecting road)as a warm up.
Ironiclly, I actually ran right into the same group returning from their ride (I led the slow riders in our club ride and we stopped for coffee so no huge mileage was totaled..maby 25 )as I left the clubs members back at the lot we'd started the ride at.
The pace line was again doing around 18.It was their cooldown portion of the ride.
I asked how far they'd gone..They'd tripled what I'd done.
I'm mentioning all this because: I'm 65 and as i discovered, I was the baby in that line of riders.