Old 05-20-08, 10:19 AM
huytheskigod

Bikes: K2 Zed 3.0; Motobecane Le Champion; Pedal Force RS; IRO BFGB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To somewhat hijack this thread, I'm thinking of doing the bike leg of a triathlon with my friends as well. The catch is , the Tri we're doing is not the usual swim/bike/run but rather run/bike/kayak. The bike course is 12.5 mi flat and drafting IS allowed but only off of other competitors I've not raced before but have done the the 2x20 HR test and could extrapolate HR zones from that. How should I pace the ride and what strategies should I use (ie. should I wheel suck?). Should I wear MTB shoes and SPD to make the transition a little less sketchy? I have a pair of Specialized MTB shoes and some SPD pedals but I usually ride Sidi 5.5's road with Look Keo pedals. I have aerobars and and will try that out in training and the race if I get comfortable in time. I'm not sure if we can warm up or not and I suspect if we can, it will not be in the waiting area. Is it up to us to figure our runners pace and "guess" when to be in the transition area if I was say warming up in the parking lot? Thanks for any advice.