View Single Post
Old 05-20-08, 11:28 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Daveyboy
I don't recall much from the last hour or so, just the heat rising from the pavement and the hill that never seemed to end (I was the half-baked clyde sitting in the shade at the last rest stop.) I did have a nice chat with a fellow sporting a Maui Cycle jersey as we spun up the hill to Redmond.
I was riding with Maui dude and the rest of his group up to the Machias Station rest stop. I was ahead of them up to the 53 mile stop at Roesinger, and they took off ahead of my pace after the Granite Falls stop. I think that group was just behind the Amgen riders for a long time.
That last rest stop at Goddard School was too tempting for me and I had to just refill the bottles and get rolling. I live on the other side of the block from there, rode to the start line from my place, and almost bailed out and went home once I got there again. That was the 102 mile marker for my day, right after that climb up Old Woodinville-Duval/232nd/Trilogy.

I was wearing a Team Bio-Rad jersey and #220.