View Single Post
Old 05-20-08, 07:51 PM
BigSean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OTB
Is there an unofficial record climbing Mt. Hamilton? I'm sure some guys can do an hour, but I can tell you that last year's pro/1/2 front group (inc. Scott Nydam, BJM, Wolberg) went over the top in a bit over 1:05. I was in that group until getting popped in the final 500 m when KOM surges began in earnest. The pace on the first part of the climb was a high tempo but not all out, the middle section was hard and half the field got dropped. That last part whittled the front group down to about 10. Going under an hour would be brutally fast! (BTW, I made it back to that front group in the valley, but got popped again when the attacks went. I ended up 13th, but then was DQ'ed for a brief draft behind a follow vehicle

With domestique services from racer_ex currently going for a penny, I cannot resist signing up for the Masters race this year! You need to extend the auction so that it's active through Sunday, that way we can all be checking our Blackberries and bidding as we race!! Suppose you get in a break with two other guys... they'll have a real-time bidding war to win your help
Thats around an hour as far as Im concerned. Much closer then my 1:40. Im not aware of any unofficial records, but my parents lived on Mt Hamilton and my dad tells me some of the hill climbs have been done in under an hour. I think there used to be a race to the top.