View Single Post
Old 05-20-08, 11:00 PM
foggydew
Life is simply timing...

Bikes: Kona Cinder Cone (2005) / Cannondale T700 Touring (1994)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carkmouch
Alright, so I'm about to give in a get a new rack and pannier touring set-up for my LHT, with Tubus racks and Lonepeak panniers sets from thetouringstore.com. I use a 56cm Blue LHT, so should I go for the blue, black, or red panniers? I know, it's fairly frivolous, but I'd like others' subjective thoughts on what would look best

I did my first overnight tour with some friends last weekend, who all used racks and panniers, while I towed along a second-hand toddler trailer packed with my camping and basic living stuff. The trailer worked well for hauling stuff, but damn was it heavy. In areas of hills and tail winds, I would lag considerably far behind my friends. Seeing how much easier my friends were having it with their panniers convinced me enough to get some. I'm getting the Lonepeak P-500 and P-100 matched set, and a matched set of Cargo and Tara racks to hang them on.
The Lonepeak site shows that the P-500 only comes in red or black (the P-100 comes in red, black, blue or steel). If you want a matched set, then I think black is the colour to choose.