Old 05-23-08, 07:54 AM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
You're referring to those $200'ish fittings? I've read a few posts here from people who got them. I believe Solveg got one.

I've spoken to a couple of people who paid for them from Serotta dealers and spoke well of them.
Yes, I did, but he gave me a deal on it so I ended up paying 60 or 70 bucks....or something like that. That's because I don't use clipless pedals, and because I was worried about getting a particular bike to fit. I had my bike set up almost perfectly, so all he did was bring the saddle down very slightly. So it wasn't a full fledged fit. I got all my FIT measurements, though, and that was a really good thing to get.

I walked in and he said the bike was way too big for me, but when I got on it, he thought it looked perfect. He was pretty surprised. I have very short legs, and being a girl I can handle a really high top tube. The lesson I learned was that I think frame size is less important than how it's set up.