View Single Post
Old 05-23-08, 07:01 PM
Zaskar24
Parrot Heads unite!

Location: Oak Lawn, IL or as close as you can get to the Southside and not live under King Richard's rule.

Bikes: 1985 Raleigh Elkhorn converted to single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 251
That is a lot of blue. Very nice. (check your PMs) The grips are Yeti Speed Grips, the non-locking old style. The fork is a Reba Race, 100 mm w/ lockout. I wanted this frame to have have more fork options, so I had Kent design it for a 100 mm fork. I considered a SID, but went for the Reba for durability. I've blown out a couple of SIDs on my M2, and didn't want to work about it on the new bike. Compared to the SID, the Reba is stiffer and more plush. The obvious drawback of the Reba is the weight. The new '09 SID has larger 32 mm uppers, so it may ride more like the Reba. I also considered a Fox F100. FWIW, the F100 has blue decals...
I looked at the Yeti site but they do not seem to have the blue anymore. I really like my Cane Creek lock-ons so I will not be trading those out. I actually won a Reba Team in a contest so I have that sitting here with me right now so the price could not be beaten. Free is the best price available at least to me. Even though this frame was originally built for 80mm Moots said the 100mm would be fine so when my hand heals up enough to ride I will probably swap the forks out. When I get done with it I'll make sure to post updated pics of both the YBB and Zaskar.

That Stumpy looks pretty sweet as well.

Scott