Old 05-24-08, 12:00 PM
coalhills

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damn, bust my balls some more why don't ya. lol By "Major MODs", I just meant Non-original. I'm not say'in this is the most rugged bike in the world for gods sake, just "unexpectedly rugged"( The Frame that is). Yeah, I could spend $1000.00 on a shock and a million more on XTR componenets. The fact is that this bike has taken real abuse whether you speculate (or have fantasies) about it spontaneously exploding is another issue. It has'nt! When it does I will send you pics of the top tube sticking out of my ass. That should make you happy. I grew up in the Evil Kenievil era when we used to take 4 ft drops on Girls schwinn bikes with the banana seats and handle bar streamers. Thats my next "Major Mod" by the way...(; If this bike is going to explode prove it! Show me one forum entry where it happened. Your just jealous of my Bionic Antelope! I hate to see ya all tore up inside like that. (; Besides, if it does explode (and I survive) I can throw the shwag on another frame cheap. By the way you are way wrong on the thud buster. It does make a huge difference for a heavy rider like me. I hate full suspension so it saves my ass when it makes unexpected contact. Also, the 830 and 850( American made) do have a reputation for being very well constructed in an era without suspension (forged drops, dbl butted true temper platinum, heat treated joints, etc). the 820 is a completely different frame. So to assess the 800 series as a whole shows you are'nt all that familiar with them. I'm 40 years old and some of you younger guys don't remember the old days when we did insane **** on far lesser bikes up here in the mountains. Look, at least I don't have to be scared of ruining a $3000.00 bike my mom and dad bought for me. That's why they call it a Franken bike. I know the fork is really just an XC but for the money I dont think you could find one better. I've ridden alot of bikes and I guess I just like the idea of getting away with it, while everybody laughs. Maybe a personality disorder?? (: Sincerely, Yo Daddy.

Last edited by Dannihilator; 05-24-08 at 09:09 PM. Reason: pics, innapropriate.