Thread: Saddle sore
View Single Post
Old 05-25-08, 01:20 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by George
I keep getting raw in the same spot, about 2" in front of the right sit bone and always in the crease where the butt and the thigh meet.
Ok, this statement is glaring and I just notice you posted it in the first post as well, my bad for not picking up on it. Do you use the same brand of shorts\bibs each and everytime, always the PI? If so, the irritation is probably coming from the seam on the shorts, not the saddle. I have 3 different brands, (2 each) and the chamois pad sits in a different spot in that area. I never use the the same brand\model on back to back rides unless it's a situation where I have more than 2 days between rides. Since you are having the irritation, I say, let it clear, and in this time, find another manufacturer and buy another set of shorts and see how it works.