Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Originally Posted by grail29er
just curious. i'm sure i will get one someday... i was cruising thru the pics thread and saw the nocom and the m5 tica, both pretty sweet. i'd love to try them but the only recumbents sold in my area are the Rans.
Yep, exotic recumbents are hard to find in the US. Even American performance bents like Bacchettas and Volaes can be hard to find without traveling. I drove 6 hours to buy a Volae Team in 2003 and had to get Bacchetta to relax their "no mailorder" rule in 2004 to buy an Aero. Now Bacchettas can be mailordered, though, but at the time they couldn't.

When you get to European lowracers like the M5 TiCa, the Velokcrafts, the Optimas and Challenges, things begin to get really dicey though Optimas and Challenges are available depending upon where you live. VKs are available from Bentup Cycles in California and M5s can be had with a little work.

I'd suggest visiting www.recumbents.com for lots of racing info and links. To get involved in the general recumbent scene and to get a lot of info on bents in general, visit www.bentrideronline.com .

Good luck.