View Single Post
Old 04-26-02, 02:57 PM
wabbit
Sprockette

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nathank, It was I who posted about warmer climates and bikes, and you're right. It's the newer cities which sprawled out into endless burbs and don't allow for walking, cycling or even public transit. Toronto is like that, although they do have public transit and the GO trains for commuters to the burbs. But like big american cities, it developed and sprawled out into endless burbs so even commuting for cyclists is horrendous. In montreal you see commuters all the time but toronto is totally designed for cars, cars cars, even if they do have subways etc. The traffic is heinous. They don't have the network of trails and paths that Montreal and its buroughs have. However, it's still not as bad as say, Dallas. For one thing, people actually do walk around in Toronto- I bet in dallas you probably never even see a pedestrian! As for Lance, I have heard of Plano and it sounds like a totally gawdawful place.