Old 05-27-08, 09:43 PM
Gavush
(this space for rent)

Bikes: 2018 Synapse Dura-Ace, 1995 Specialized M2-pro, 1995 Gary Fisher Montare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I brought my bike to work today "just in case" and lucky me, late this afternoon the ugly front that was passing across the state stalled and parted which made for a very nice ride up on the Natchez Trace. I did another 25 but lost two tenths down to 16.8 avg, maybe having worked 10 hours has something to do with that. I feel like I really suck at hills... even the slightest incline has me on the inside ring up front and climbing the rings in the rear. I'm not very muscular (6'2" 140lbs) so maybe that has something to do with it but I really need to work on climbing. I do seem to do better after about 40min in though, usually can do the mild stuff still in the larger ring up front. Next week I think I am going to start prior to the on-ramp to the trace which will give me a 3.something mile climb up onto the ridge. It's not a climb like we had back in VT but it's pretty good for this area. Hopefully going to be able to justify some clipless stuff for fathers day... I'm probably going to go with MTB shoes and egg beaters because you can use mtb shoes for on the road but not the other way around... and I do a bit of both.