barlows
It's just bikes...

Bikes: '07 Trek 1500, '07 Trek T1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few things that got me through a fat loss plateau:

1) Thermogenic Fat Burner - I used Nutrex Lipo 6. Has quite a bit of Caffeine, so if Caffeine bothers you, it might not be the best idea.
2) Ride long on the weekends - After the first 2 hours(ish), glycogen stores are exhausted, so your body has to burn fat. Any hours after the first 2 burn a lot more fat for fuel.
3) Lift before riding - 20-30 minutes of lifting before going on a long ride can help by using up some of your glycogen reserves, helping you to dip into the fat tank earlier on the bike.
4) This might be the most important one - You need to know that simple sugars (frosted flakes, choco bar) are only acceptable directly following a workout. This is when your body wants whatever carbs it can get for recovery, and simple sugars are okay (some even say desireable). Outside of this 30-120 minute period, stay away from simple sugars for the rest of the day.

I spent a bit of time at the 12-13% mark, and these things have gotten me started downward again. I'm close to 10% now, and to be totally honest I don't think I'll push much lower.

Also, if you're going to be monitoring yourself based on BF percentage, the electrical impedance scales can be fairly inaccurate depending on hydration leves, etc. I'm not up an all of the models, but it's probably worth getting a set of calipers even if you only use them to doublecheck what the scale is telling you.