Old 05-28-08, 06:57 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Personally, I use a risk assessment, based off of the studies, and figure better safe that sorry I know full well that there are physiological differences between rats and humans, but there are also sufficient physiological similarities that the results have sufficient merit for me to say no, I'm not going to put that in my body. I can assure you it's not a position based on a meme, since I've studied Physiology. I also know, whether it be a placebo or actual physiological effect, that I feel better since I quit using the artificial sweeteners. Observed results are what count with me.

Originally Posted by Black Bud
To those who question my last post? Go ahead and read the study extracts put up by Tom Stormcrowe again. Both rat studies.

As for the human studies? Are any of you sure they are not all--if they even exist--"data dredges"? If there are any that are not and have been published, I am sure you can come up with a few cites.

Not that it will support any argument you might have: Epidemiological studies consisting of a bunch of studies that have nothing to do with each other and may not have even tested for the data in question are worse than useless in theory or in application. All too often the "don't do this" or "do this instead" advice being handed out by even the medical establishment is nothing more than some computer model's GIGO that happens to "fit" someone's desired results and is then propagated by other equally lazy researchers. Or the "cr*p" is "pushed" like a "pram" in a medical journal because it fits the current memes and those defective "conclusions" are therefore adopted as "gospel" by most people,--including clinicians in practice--because THEY are too lazy to question what they are told.

Is the job to "Question Authority" important, even when it comes to whether to eat fake "sugar" or the real stuff? Yes: Questioning the data and/or its source is important when deciding what one should do--or eat--or shouldn't. The REAL conclusions--if any--that can be drawn from any data as actually garnered any such studies may say something some people don't want you to know because it will not help THEM make the all important $$$, which is really all that seems to matter these days.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant