Old 05-28-08, 11:44 PM
AnnaMossity
'roid monkey wannabe

Bikes: I have a custom 2006 Zinn magnesium frame road bike set up for triathlon and a big semi-custom touring bike, the frame of which is a 1983 Apollo Prestige XL.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hxzero
You seem to have very small feet for such a tall guy. 46 only, at 6'8"? I'm a hair below 5'11" and I wear a 45.5. Maybe I just have big feet. Anyway, 220 crankarms seem kind of absurd. I didn't even know they made those! I know that Ondrej Sosenka, the hour record holder, is approximately 6'6-6'7 and uses 190mm crankarms and those are already really long.
First of all, I'm not a dude. Second, I am the tall one with the ability to push big cranks sans problems, trust me, they work like a charm; Lennard Zinn knows his stuff and he rccomended them to me. Also, specing crank arms for time trialing is totally different than specing them for all-around triathlon bikes like my Zinn and certainly different than a touring setup so of course Sosenka is going to use shorter cranks...it's worthy of note that he is shorter than me too so he would use a shorter crank.

This is me after a long day driving through Vancouver:

This is me after a long day of riding: