View Single Post
Old 05-29-08, 02:55 PM
man0war

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will probably grab the 24 size , every < online > bike fitting guides put me somewhere between 22 and 25 bike frames. I COULD bother for a road bike but I just need the exercise and the fun, don't care how fast I get here or there. And having suspension as I've heard will also < slow > things down a bit on the road, but again , I'd rather work a bit harder for that daily mileage and one of the zillions of cracks and potholes I'll grab eventually will make me happy I chose a phat MTB.

Since I, unfortunately, can't get fitted professionally or try good bikes ANYWHERE even remotely close to my location, I'll have to buy with compromise. And if I buy a mountain bike the only thing that may turn out wrong is that it's too slow on tarmac and a bit annoying. On the other hand if I buy a sleek road bike , the things that may be wrong are worse : I have a slightly crooked spine and my back may hurt, I wouldn't like the bent over position, it might not be so rugged and lasting as a mountain bike on our scary bad tarmac, and it might also be a very jerky ride on these same roads. And it's not my main concern but it's there - the same level DURABILITY and strength ROAD models cost twice as much. If I buy a Hard rock with the V-brakes - since I don't think I'll be getting on any mountain trails soon and don't need the disc ones - I'll be paying 400 euros , almost half the price of an equally well built roadie.
Still didn't make up my mind , but this makes sense I guess for now....

By the way , a big HAIL !!! for your forum name