View Single Post
Old 05-29-08, 08:20 PM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Allshookup
I just got into cycling this year (except for riding when I was a kid) to get back into shape and to spend extra time riding with the family.
This past Monday (Memorial Day) a friend of mine and I decided that instead of driving ourselves out to the family cookout / get together that we would ride our bikes.
From my place to my fathers is 20.5 miles. We took off a little late around 11:00am (it was already over 90 degrees here in Texas and headed to around 100) we arrived just after 1:30pm.
This was the farthest I have even ridden at one time. Now, I know it's not much compared to most people here but, I was impressed that I made it. We are already planning our next trip for this weekend.
One reason I decided to post this here at the forum was because I have read many stories and been help with several questions I have had by the wonder people here. If it wasn't for this forum I seriously don't know if I would have gotten into cycling.
Thanks

Congratulations! That part of Texas can be deceptively hilly and most certainly windy (mom lives in Hurst). Now that you've broken the 20 mile mark, the metric century can't be too far off! Keep on pedalling!