Old 10-18-04, 12:52 PM
bac

Bikes: Too many to list!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Txthroop
Everything is great except I was expecting it to have provisions for mounting front and rear racks so I could use it as my all-around everything bike like you guys all talk about. The price was right so I can't complain but now I'm looking for ways to mount racks on a bike that wasn't born with that in mind. I'm sure it can be done and, bac, it looks like you have something interesting mounted on the back of your new ride (very cool bike, by the way). Anyone have any experience with this kind of improvisation? I'd love to find out that this isn't a big hurdle so I can go back to nuzzling and fondling my new bike with no regrets.

-Chris
Hi Chris. Well, the only real hurdle (in terms of a rack for a bike not designed for one) is the price tag. I got my rack from Old Man Mountain. They are one of the few (if not the only) maker of racks that fit bikes with no braze-ons. They even make racks for bikes with suspension forks, and/or disc brakes. I got the Sherpa rack, and thus far it's been VERY SOLID. It's a bit pricy (about $100), but I feel like it's a good deal given the craftsmanship, and its unique ability to snap onto about any bike.