Old 10-18-04, 01:31 PM
Crowbar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Going from Mountain to Hybrid/Comfort Bike

Many years ago I used to ride a conventional touring bike. However, I "blew out" my back 2 - 3 times riding and gave it up. Last year I got an entry level mountain bike (Raliegh SC30) and love it from the perspective that I'm now riding upright and putting less stress on my back. But, I only ride on streets and the thing performs like a tank (I'm tired of watching people on touring bikes cruise by me like I'm standing still).

So now I'm looking at hybrid/comfort bikes. I am specifically looking at Fuji Royale (pricy) and the Fuji Silhouette. I am also looking at the Specialized Sirrus Elite. It seems like all the bikes pretty much have the same quality components and range in the 20 - 22 lb range give or take. All are aluminum framed and some have carbon-fiber forks. Aside from the obvious issue of riding the bike to see how it feels for me, what should I be looking for? I have also read about Giant and Trek. It seems there are a ton of bikes in this space. Any experiences in sorting this out would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.