View Single Post
Old 05-31-08, 10:38 AM
porkito

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by velomateo
Porkito, I can not tell you the model of your Marinoni just that you have a very nice vintage bike. The components seem to be all Campy Super Record, which are very desirable, and the frame looks to be Columbus SL.
All in all you have got really nice little bike, and as long as it fits you, it should work well for you. I think you will find that riding on the road will greatly improve you mountain bike riding. Judging by how you have the bike set up it looks like you may be outgrowing the frame soon. I recomend you hang on the components from this bike and transfer them to a larger but similar frame. As you progress in the sport and move to more modern road bikes and equipment I hope you will find that, as many of us on these pages have, there is something magical with the old steel frames that the newer bikes just don't have. Enjoy your bike and welcome aboard.
yea it fits me perfect right now, im 5' 2 1/2"

and yea although the Bianchi is not as good as this bike(says the bike mechanic) it is a bigger frame size. Unfortunatly i cant keep it because my cousin needs it to bike to work for this summer. My dad actually drove it over this morning( they live a couple hours away) would i be able to transfer the componets over to a more modern frame or are the parts to old?

Last edited by porkito; 05-31-08 at 10:47 AM.