Paco97
Allegheny Mtns of WV

Bikes: Giant Cypress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Charity Ride Completed!!!

Today, participated in the Shenandoah Vally Heritage Ride in Winchester, VA. They offered a 30, 50, and 70 mile ride. I decided on the 30 miler since next week I also have a 32 mile for the Tour de Cure. I was able to do my fast time of the year at 2:02:30 for a pace of 14.25 mph. This was the first year for this event and was an excellent experience and was well supported with both snacks and police officers. The weather was also cooperative for my ride and it was a perfect day for a ride.
I'm not sure of the elevation, but it was a pretty tough ride for me in some areas; but I kept pressing on and made it through the loop. I narrowly avoided a collision with another cyclist that crashed in front of me as I was going 20mph, and got some encouragement from a couple riding tandem.
Now next week will be a breeze with the 32 mile Tour de Cure ride on the W&OD trail in Northern Virginia which is a 1% grade. If you want more details on the SVHR, you can go to my blog below where I have a more in depth review of the ride.