MMPC
Big Man Riding...

Bikes: '07 Fuji Roubaix RC, '04 Kona Hoss, '95 Cannondale RT2000 Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
You must also do Waterton Canyon. I leave from the back side of Chatfield on the mtn bike and go to the top and back. It is amazinglybeautiful! See "A Ride up Waterton Canyon." About 20 miles RT.

Have you ever gone west from the PRT on the Bear Creek Trail - that is a really fun ride, gives you a good climb over the Bear Lake Dam in Bear Lake Park?

If you haven't, you MUST do the lower CC Trail from Cottonwood south - you can now get to Franktown on the trail if you know what you are doing. You can then take the road all the way to Castlewood Canyon State Park. Soon the trail will go all the way to Castlewood CSP.
Some great ride suggestions, Dnvr - thanks! I have done Waterton many times, it's one of my favorite off-road trails to really hammer on. Certainly not challenging from a technical standpoint, but you're right on the beauty! I never like doing that trail after a heavy rain/snow melt though - something about getting conked on the noggin by rocks...

As for Bear Creek, I've gone all through the park but never taken it due west from the PRT. Incidently, I thought the dam was east of the PRT? Anyway, sounds like a fun one to try. I've also ridden on CO-8 between Morrison to 285 - pretty good climbing workout but you have to watch out for those big gravel trucks...

The lower CC trail sounds great as well. We should meet up for a ride sometime and you can show me the way to get to Franktown. PM me and let me know when you ride.