View Single Post
Old 10-19-04, 11:41 AM
Paniolo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Merryish
3. The weather has changed. Chicago has left behind it's long string of gorgeous, cool, sunny days and entered a string of slightly rainy, fairly cold and windy days. I picked up a base layer to keep me a bit warmer, figuring I can pile on whatever I need as I need it. I don't feel cold on my rides, except around the face and sometimes the fingers. It's possible I have the wind in my face more these days than I used to, I guess, and maybe it's blowing harder...
I think you hit it on the head here. It's amazing how bad some headwind will make you feel. Your mind wants to hit a certain speed, esp when it's a known route and you kill yourself trying to hit it. Combine that with some negative vibes from the weather change and I think thats where you are. Might be some of the other suggestions mixed in ... definately check your brakes for drag too Been there, done that! Just listen to your body, ride in the gear that feels right to your body at the time and you will acclimate to the changes in a week or so. I went through the same thing when the hot mid summer days of Texas hit ... I was riding slower and felt bad. I made a consicous decision to just take what the conditions gave me and listen to my body.