View Single Post
Old 06-02-08, 02:37 PM
bab2000

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would I be a Commuter Poseur if...

I would love to commute to work.

My problem is the my office is at home when not traveling across the Midwest for work assigned projects.

Yesterday morning on early ride, I was wondering this very question, why not get up and ride to my home office and then repeat in the evening.

But... what should I carry, what should I wear, to qualify as a Bike Commuter, and then what distance should I ride to also qualify as a commuting event.

I must admit that I am envious and admire those that do commute daily. In my work I have always required a car for customer service visits, transporting parts and be able to be responsive with a multi-state customer base. Yet today, my work is mostly communications, laptop, teleconference and on the road investigations and project kick offs.

So, if I did do the morning wake up and evening home decompress rides, would I qualify as a Commuter or just a C.Posseur?