Old 06-02-08, 04:37 PM
stoogeswoman
Stooges Woman

Bikes: Electra Townie, Schwinn Loop. Schwinn Hinge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Totally new to folding bikes - did I make a mistake?

Hi everyone!

I'm new both to this forum and to folding bikes. (In fact, I've only recently taken up biking again, period!)

The past few weeks I've had the idea that it might be neat to have a folding bike in my trunk. On my way to/from work, I drive past a big park with some inviting looking bike trails and sometimes I wish I could just stop, pop out a bike & ride for a little bit. I drive a tiny Toyota, so needless to say, a folding bike sounds pretty good!

To make a long story longer , I'm an impulse buyer. And yesterday - before I discovered this forum - I ordered a "Schwinn Hinge Folding Bike" from Amazon. It has 2 good customer reviews & was on sale for $169 (free shipping) so I thought that sounded like a pretty good deal for what I was looking for.

But now I'm wondering -- did I make a mistake?? I've found some less-than-salutory comments about Schwinn here in your forum's archives.

It's too late to cancel the order as it's already shipped. And unless the bike is a total disaster, I would still want to keep it in the trunk & ride it from time to time. And I still want to buy a better-quality folding bike later on, for commuting purposes.

So give it to me straight - is it going to be a total disaster which I should return, unopened, if at all possible? Or could it serve as a decent/cheap introduction to folders for this "newbie"?

Thanks for your opinions - appreciated!

Last edited by stoogeswoman; 06-02-08 at 04:40 PM.