Old 06-03-08, 07:38 PM
jinws
one good leg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjg1013
Well the first words out of my mouth were I had to pump up the front tire as soon as I got the bike home. And that it was a daily occurrence before and after the spill.

Considering that when buying the bike from them it came with FREE lifetime service don't you think I was doing them a favor making some minor adjustments on my own?
well, did you call right away? or did you wait a few days to report the problem.

Also, no, I don't think you are doing them a favor by doing your own adjustments. You should know "free adjustments" means take your bike in, we'll look at it and tell you what you need replaced. Just another way to rip, opps, I mean sell you stuff you can easily get anywhere. They're not gonna let that slip by. Plus, if you screw it up, then they just have more work to do to repair whatever you did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not say Bikesdirect is a good shop, let alone decent. It's just I think you are expecting too much. They are what they are. If you did any kind of search on BF, you'll know that the opinion of BD is very mixed, and all the good ones are about how cheap it is from guys who already knows how to wrench.

edit: and I said, how does he know, you don't need to tell me twice. I believe you, he's probably looking for any excuse to not give you free service.