Old 06-04-08, 06:07 PM
seagull.apollo
likes birds and bikes

Bikes: 1976 Apollo Sport 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
caterham: Is there a part of the website dedicated to older Coppi bikes? I couldn't find any, but that could have been the Italian leading me astray.

dannyg1: No, unfortunately it was not this bike (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fausto-Coppi-Bar...QQcmdZViewItem) . It had the same chromed lugs and fork but the writing and decals were in a different configuration. I believe it had the same Coppi logo on the top of the fork however.

top506: It was very similar to your bicycle, perhaps even identical. The lugwork was the exact same around the head tube and it had Coppi's face on the seat tube. Side note: how great would it be to have your face on a seat-tube? I'd die a happy man if my grainy image was speeding around on thousands of beautifully constructed bicycles.

A few of the replies here have reminded me of other things about the bike. It definitely had a cottered crank and I'm quite sure it had Simplex derailleurs. It would have been really nice to take some pictures of it but I just wasn't thinking at the time. Thanks for your help everyone. If anybody else has anything to add please do.

EDIT: Quite sure it wasn't a Fiorelli. Also, it definitely wasn't the same as kpug505's.